Many people believe boiling milk is so easy to do, then why do a lot of people end up burning their milk when they boil it?
It is sometimes not always their fault, probably because of the pot they used in boiling their milk.
Yes, boiling your milk is quite tricky, but it becomes a lot easier when you use the right pot for the process.
A lot of different recipes will require you to boil your milk. Some recipes in which boiling milk is required can include making your own homemade yogurt, mac, and cheese, or any other recipe. And if you do not have the right pot to boil your milk in, you’ll end up with burnt milk, or in worst cases, a messed up kitchen.
The best pots to boil your milk in are:
- Anolon Nouvelle Nonstick Saucepan (Hard-Anodized Copper)
- Calphalon SaucePan ( Classic Pan with Cover)
- Cuisinart MultiClad Pro (MCP193-18N)
- IMEEA Pot for Boiling Milk
- KitchenAid SaucePan for boiling milk (64 ounces)
- Neoflam Pot for Boiling milk
One of the tricks to use when boiling your milk so you don’t scorch it is to use a thick pot that can retain heat for a long time and doesn’t heat up very fast. While using this pot, it is advisable that you allow the milk to boil very slowly, using a heat setting that is very low.
With the right pot, enough time for your milk to boil, and stirring your milk occasionally so the heat is evenly distributed, your milk will not burn and will come out in a very good shape.
Let’s quickly see which pots would be good for boiling your milk without burning it and what you stand to gain from using them.
The Best Pots to Boil Your Milk
Here are the best pots for boiling your milk. You can choose whichever you like according to your needs and preferences.
Anolon Nouvelle Nonstick Saucepan (Hard-Anodized Copper)
Anolon nouvelle nonstick saucepan
Anolon nouvelle saucepan is a very good saucepan for boiling your milk. Once you hold it, you can tell from the pan’s weight that it is authentic.
The Anolon saucepan is made from hard-anodized copper, which is equipped with a double full-cap base that is patented and suitable for induction.
This means that Anolon saucepan is very good at distributing heat, and will give you the best results when used to cook or boil anything including milk.
The saucepan can also work with induction stovetops.
- Has a stainless steel handle that is connected to the pan with rivets. So it can be picked up at any fear without fear of scorching your hands
- The lid of the saucepan is dome-shaped, of stainless steel, and deep-seated. So you can expect your milk to heat up very fast
- The interior of the pan is nonstick (professional grade). That is, it is way more durable than other traditional nonstick pots.
- Can hold up to 112 ounces
- Great heat distribution
- Because the Anolon pots heat up very fast, losing attention can cause your milk to burn.
Calphalon Nonstick SaucePan (Classic Pan with Cover)
Calphalon nonstick saucepan
This is another pot that is good for boiling your milk without burning it. The Calphalon saucepan is made from an aluminum material that is very durable and easily affordable.
The pot has a full capacity of about 64 the United States fluid ounces or 2-quart.
What differentiates this pot from other pots used for boiling milk is the measuring marks on it, which makes the pot very convenient to measure or pour liquid without using a measuring cup.
The Calphalon saucepan for boiling milk is safe for your oven. But only to a particular extent. That’s about 450° Fahrenheit. The pot also comes with a stainless steel handle that is long and does not heat up when on heat.
- Very convenient for measuring
- Very affordable, durable, and comes highly rated by users
- Has a lifetime warranty, especially if used under normal home use.
- As it is with other nonstick pans, it can peel after a very long time. Although it will take longer.
Cuisinart MultiClad Pro (MCP193-18N)
Cuisinart Multiclad pro
Another good pot for not just boiling milk, but also for general cooking is the Cuisinart multi-clad pot. The size of the pot is 96 ounces, and it is made from stainless steel. The pot is constructed in three plies with a core made from pure aluminum.
The post has heat technology called the “heat surround” which ensures that the heat inside the pot is not only distributed evenly but consistent both at the sides of the pan and at the bottom.
Cuisinart pot rim is tapered which makes the transfer of milk from the pot to another container very easy. It removes the risks of spilling your milk.
Then there’s the pot’s glass top, which can seal moisture in and prevent your pan from drying out.
- Even and consistent heat distribution
- Tapered rims that prevent milk from spilling
- The glass cover that helps to seal in moisture
- Can endure the heat of up to 500° Fahrenheit, while cover endures 350° Fahrenheit
- Very versatile and durable.
- It is very expensive
IMEEA Pot for Boiling Milk
This is another very good pot for boiling your milk which has very good quality. Its capacity is about 12 to 13 ounces and it is made from stainless steel, which is very safe for food. The pot has an aluminum core which helps to speed up the heating process.
The IMEEA pot has a very thick bottom, which prevents your milk from sticking to it. The IMEEA pot is so versatile that it can be used for electric stoves, gas, or induction stoves.
The pot construction is three-ply, and its heat distribution is so impressive that you can feel the consistency in your milk’s texture after boiling it.
Aside from boiling your milk, the IMEEA pot can be used for other purposes like making sauces, serving coffee or tea in Turkish style, or even melting butter.
- The IMEEA pot for boiling milk is resilient and sturdy
- Very easy to be cleaned and does not require lots of maintenance
- The pot is not very large and can be conveniently stored
- The handle can resist heat.
- Because the rim of the pot is not tapered, it’s possible for your milk to spill when you pour it.
KitchenAid SaucePan for Boiling Milk (64 ounces)
This is one of the best pots to boil your milk in. It can hold up to 64 ounces of milk. The KitchenAid saucepan has a surface that is nonstick. So when you boil your milk with it, it doesn’t burn, even if you don’t stir the milk.
The saucepan heats retaining ability is so superb, probably because it was made from very hard anodized aluminum. The pot is also so thick that the bottom does not get enough for your milk to burn.
The pan is also made from 5.5 mm of hardened aluminum. This makes the KitchenAid saucepan very durable.
- The KitchenAid saucepan is safe for your dishwasher
- It has a very nice colorfast finish, which is nonstick
- The handle is stainless steel and riveted. So it stays cool even when your pot is hot
- Has a surface that’s very easy to clean.
- Because of the nonstick surface, the coating of the pot will peel off after a long time. Which you will have to replace by buying another one.
Neoflam Pot for Boiling Milk
This is another exceptional pot for boiling milk. The Neoflam pot is made from aluminum but coated with ceramic that is nonstick.
The Neoflam pot comes in two different sizes and three colors. The sizes are 60 ounces and 30 ounces, while the colors are pink, green, or ivory.
The pot is versatile but in a limited way. In that, it can not be used on induction stovetops. It can only be washed by hand with a clear that is not abrasive.
Aside from boiling your milk, you can use your Neoflam pots for other uses. It can be used for a latte, tea, coffee, chocolate, ganache, butter, cream, cheese, soup, frozen vegetables, or even gravies.
It can also be used for syrups, candies, eggs, hot cocoa, porridge, or heating your baby’s food or leftovers. Very versatile, indeed.
- Quite versatile but can’t be used on induction stoves
- Has two spouts which make pouring easy
- The nonstick ceramic coating is free from PFOA
- Can be cleaned easily
- Good for heating or melting foods in small portions.
- The ceramic non-stick coating of Neoflam pots is small and fragile and should be treated with care.